Ryan chose the profession of physical therapy because it affords him the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on patients’ lives through individual interactions. His philosophy towards the rehabilitation process is to provide patient specific interventions, incorporating individual goals and experiences tailored towards an optimal return to activity. He believes that successful treatment must empower patients with the knowledge and skills for continued personal improvement of their health and wellness.
His educational background includes an emphasis on the diagnosis and treatment of acute musculoskeletal injuries. He also has a special interest in treatment of spine dysfunction, and works to continually advance his incorporation of the most recent clinical evidence with manual therapy techniques to provide the highest level of patient care.
Ryan is a former collegiate baseball player, who also enjoys golfing in his spare time. His athletic background has sparked an interest in the treatment of golfers and overhead athletes. Ryan is actively involved in the further development of the physical therapy profession, with a background that includes research and presentation on physical therapist practice in the Emergency Department. He was named Outstanding Research Scholar for his physical therapy class at Northern Arizona University.
Ryan feels blessed to call Flagstaff home. Look for him out on the golf course, trails, or mountain enjoying all Northern Arizona has to offer.
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science: Bemidji State University, Bemidji, Minnesota
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Department of Physical Therapy and Athletic Training: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Private Practice Section American Physical Therapy Association
- Golf Special Interest Group, Sports Section, American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)