Carl DeRosa founded DeRosa Physical Therapy in 1982, which makes DPT the most experienced physical therapy practice in all of northern Arizona. His area of clinical expertise is in the area of low back and neck pain about which he has written several textbooks and published numerous journal articles. Because of Carl's extensive experience with the use of exercise for orthopedic and cardiac conditioning, including elite athletes, he has presented his clinical work in Australia, New Zealand, and nearly every country in Europe in addition to the United States at major medical conferences.
Carl helped start the physical therapy program at Northern Arizona University. He is a Fellow of the American Physical Therapy Association and was awarded the Lucy Blair Service Award from the American Physical Therapy Association. He was selected as a Maley Lecturer for the American Physical Therapy Association and the Founding Chair of the Physical Therapy Business Alliance. Carl is an avid sports enthusiast, and has a special interest in music. His most important loves and passion in his life are his wife Marlene, and their three children.
- PhD in Anatomy: Union College, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Master of Science: University of California, Davis, Davis, California
- DPT in Physical Therapy: Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Certificate in Physical Therapy: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- BS in Zoology: Ohio University, Athens Ohio
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Orthopedic Section Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Private Practice Section Member of the American Physical Therapy Association