The DPT location at the Summit Center features a beautiful, accessible, and comfortably heated pool, complete with hydraulic lift and easy wheel chair access. Our large pool complex has locker and shower facilities and provides opportunities for one on one treatment with clients or participation in group classes.
Any patient who experiences discomfort with land based therapy, whether due to difficulty with weight-bearing, balance, or just general deconditioning is an excellent candidate for aquatic therapy. The physical and psychological effects of exercising in water translate into a positive therapeutic outcome. The water buoyancy creates a cushioning effect that protects any injured area from undue stress. The ability to swim is not a requirement to participate in aquatic therapy.
- Pre- and Post-op Conditioning
- Fibromyalgia Program
- Arthritis Exercise Program
- General Strength and Conditioning Programs
- Pain and Muscle Spasm Limiting Weightbearing and Movement
- Total Joint Gradual Loading Exercise
- Balance Training
- Endurance and Flexibility Training